Verndari, Inc. is collaborating with a number of scientists and scientific institutions to drive forward a new generation of vaccines for global health.
Verndari, Inc. has an outstanding scientific advisory board, and has forged a strong alliance with University of California, Davis (UCD), and has co-located its laboratory at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. Verndari is a member of the Venture Catalyst Program at UCD. As such, it has access to or use of the University’s faculty, facilities, and resources. These capabilities include research facilities and services, engineering laboratories, technical libraries, shops, animal facilities, and an ultra-modern GMP manufacturing facility. These capabilities coupled with the knowledge and experience of our leadership team and core scientists have allowed our small startup venture to achieve outcomes that are well beyond the norm for a company of our size.
Verndari has worked in collaboration with several staff and faculty members at UC Davis including the following:
- Emir Hodzic, PhD, RT-qPCR Core, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Medicine and Epidemiology;
- Kristin Grimsrud, DVM, PhD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Associate Director of Veterinary Care and Mouse Biology Program;
- Derek Cissell, DVM, PhD, Professor Emeritus and Assistant Professor, Surgical & Radiological Services;
- Peter Barry, PhD, California National Primate Research Center Core Scientist, Center for Comparative Medicine;
- William Chang, DVM, PhD, Center for Comparative Medicine;
- Gerhard Bauer, Assistant Professor of Hematology and Oncology, Director of the Good Manufacturing Practice Laboratory at the UC Davis Institute for Regenerative Cures, P1 and P2 materials;
- Steven Lucero, TEAM Laboratory manager, Prototyping and Design Lab, Biomedical Engineering